In 2011, Northwest Packaging was engaged by the Australian Olympic Committee to supply bespoke displays for the ‘One Year Countdown Spectacular’ for the 2012 London Olympic Games. Northwest Packaging designed and manufacturerd a range of corrugated cardboard displays of famous London icons that formed part of the successful event.
Northwest Packaging staff assembled and installed the displays in the entrance hall of the Exhibition and Convention Centre, Darling Harbour as well as inside the hall.
The three metre tall Big Ben Clock towers displayed at the entrance of the Exhibition Hall had internal lighting and functional clocks. Four spotlights based at the foot of the three metre tall Nelson Column Monuments illuminated the displays for several weeks leading up to the event.
A replica Big Ben Tower with functioning internal light was the central piece on each of the 100 dining tables. With each Big Ben Tower individually printed with the respective sponsor’s name.
After the successful event, Northwest Packaging staff disassembled all the corrugated cardboard displays on site, recycling the cardboard components.
- Semi Permanent Exhibition made from Corrugated Cardboard
- Made from recycled materials
- Easily Transportable and Reusable
- Easy Assembly and Disassembly
- 100 table towers with internal light and in a one colour lithographic print
- Three metres tall printed Big Ben Clock towers with internal lighting and functioning clock
- Three metres tall Nelson Column Monuments in a one colour digital print